In keeping with our Value of Respect, Megatec Industries recognises the importance of the privacy of individuals who have dealings with Megatec Industries, such as customers, suppliers and employees. Megatec Industries is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles, to the extent required by the Privacy Act 1988. This policy outlines how Megatec Industries Limited and its Australian subsidiaries Megatec Industries Pty Ltd collect, use and manage personal information.
1.1 Personal information Megatec Industries Pty Ltd( MGI) Collects
MGI collects personal information where reasonably necessary for its functions and activities. Personal information that MGI may hold includes the following:
- name, address and contact details;
- date of birth;
- employment and income details;
- bank account details;
- details of the products and services provided to an individual by MGI;
- details of an individual???s dealings with MGI, including records of telephone, email and online interactions;
- credit-related personal information (see section 1.4 below).
1.2 How MGI Collects Personal Information
MGI collects personal information directly from an individual where reasonable and practical. MGI may also collect such information from other sources, including:
- other entities who provide services to MGI related to the products and services provided to an individual by MGI;
- publicly available sources of information;
- an individual???s representatives (e.g. spouse, professional adviser);
- subsidiaries of??MGI.
1.3 How MGI Uses Personal Information and to Whom it is Disclosed
MGI collects, uses and discloses personal information generally to provide an individual with products and services requested, and to respond to queries. MGI may also use personal information to make an individual aware of MGI???s other products and services or offerings provided by MGI in conjunction with its business partners or associates. MGI may not be able to do these things without the individual???s personal information. MGI may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with potential or actual unlawful activity, misconduct or transfers of MGI???s business or assets.
MGI understands the importance of keeping personal information private and only discloses such information to third parties in limited circumstances. Third parties with whom MGI usually exchanges information include:
- credit providers and credit reporting agencies;
- an individual???s representatives;
- MGI???s professional advisers including legal, accounting, auditing and business consulting advisers;
- government and regulatory authorities;
- subsidiaries of MGI Limited.
MGI also exchanges personal information with contractors who manage services provided to an individual on MGI???s behalf, or who provide services to MGI, including:
- mailing services;
- billing and debt recovery functions;
- customer injury services;
- marketing functions;
- website, data management and technology services.
Parties to which MGI??discloses personal information may be located in Australia and other countries.
1.4 Credit-Related Personal Information
MGI sometimes provides products and services to customers on credit. In connection with this credit, MGI does in some cases handle certain consumer credit-related personal information described below (credit-related personal information), including information from credit reporting bodies (CRBs). For example, MGI may handle this information in providing credit to sole traders, or where individuals such as directors provide personal guarantees for credit MGI provides to their companies.
MGI may collect and hold any types of credit-related personal information about an individual permitted under the Privacy Act, including:
- name, sex, date of birth, driver???s licence number, employer and three most recent addresses;
- confirmation of previous information requests to CRBs made by other credit providers and credit insurers about the individual;
- details of previous credit applications, including the amount and type of credit and credit limit;
- details of current and previous credit arrangements, including credit providers, start/end dates and certain terms and conditions;
- permitted payment default information, including information about related payment arrangements and subsequent repayment;
- information about serious credit infringements (e.g. fraud);
- information about adverse court judgments and insolvency;
- publicly available information about the individual???s credit worthiness;
- any credit score or credit risk assessment indicating a CRB???s or credit provider’s analysis of the individual???s eligibility for consumer credit.
This information may include information about an individual???s arrangements with other credit providers as well as with MGI.
MGI may disclose credit-related personal information to CRBs to assist the CRBs to maintain information about individuals to provide to other credit providers for credit assessments. MGI may collect credit-related personal information from CRBs for purposes including, to the extent permitted by law, to assess relevant credit or guarantee applications, manage and review the credit or guarantee, assign debts, collect overdue payments and produce assessments and ratings in respect of the individual???s credit worthiness. MGI may also exchange credit-related personal information with guarantors, debt buyers and other credit providers.
The CRBs MGI may use include:
- Veda, PO Box 964 North Sydney 2059, www.mycreditfile.com.au, 1300 762 207;
- Credit Works Australia, Suite 1218, 100 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060, www.creditworks.com.au, email@example.com, (02) 8188 2363.
Under the Privacy Act, individuals may request CRBs not to:
- use their credit-related personal information to determine their eligibility to receive direct marketing from credit providers; and
- use or disclose their credit information, if they have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud.
1.5 How MGI Stores Personal Information
MGI stores personal information at its own premises and with the assistance of its service providers. MGI maintains strict procedures and standards and takes a range of steps to prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, personal information and protect an individual???s information from misuse or loss. Once an individual???s information is no longer needed by MGI, reasonable steps are taken to destroy or de-identify it.
1.6 Accessing and Updating Personal Information
In most cases an individual can gain access to or update personal information held by MGI. To make a request to access or update personal information held by MGI, contact MGI in writing. MGI may need to verify your identity. MGI may charge a fee to cover the cost of retrieving and copying requested information.
1.7 Complaints and Further Information
Further information may be obtained about how MGI manages personal information from the Privacy Officer (see contact details below). If an individual believes that MGI has breached its privacy obligations or that individual???s privacy rights in any way, a complaint can be made to the Privacy Officer (see contact details below). MGI will endeavour to act promptly in response to a complaint.
1.8 MGI Contact Details
Please contact MGI about privacy-related issues by post, facsimile or email:
Megatec Industries Pty Limited
PO Box 312
Mt Barker SA 5251
1.9 Updates to this Policy